Pure, Quality Products
Petitgrain Paraguayan Essential Oil
Name: Petitgrain Paraguayan Essential Oil
Species: Citrus aurantium amara
Extraction: Steam Distilled
Aroma: Citrus, floral, herbaceous
$1.97 – $7.97
Petitgrain Paraguayan Essential Oil 100% Pure
|Name||Petitgrain Paraguayan Essential Oil|
|Species||Citrus Aurantium amara|
|Aroma||citrus, floral, herbaceous|
|Blend Ideas||Grapefruit, Lemon, Lime, Orange, Lavender, Ylang Ylang, Neroli, Frankincense, Basil, Rose|
We source only pure essential oils.
Though Petitgrain Paraguayan Essential Oil is distilled from the leaves and branches of the bitter orange tree, ours is like finding yourself surrounded by an orange grove in full bloom. The orange most certainly peeks through the complex layers of the aroma, but instead of the overt burst of citrus that is expected of the fruit oil or the sharper, greener notes of other petitgrains, the Paraguayan petitgrain we carry exudes a smooth, floral bouquet blended perfectly with the fresh scent of crushed orange leaves.
Rich in both linalyl acetate and linalool, this petitgrain could be used similarly to how you would use lavender oil and would be an excellent option for creating a calming and peaceful atmosphere. It could be particularly helpful for children who could benefit from the relaxing and comforting qualities of the oil. Uplifting citrus or even some of the more heady florals would make lovely additions to a blend featuring this essential oil!
Links to outside sources open in a new tab or window and may be affiliate links to items we use and trust in.
Petitgrain Paraguayan Essential Oil Safety Info
According to Tisserand and Young, there are no known hazards or contraindications. Petitgrain Paraguayan essential oil should still follow the safety guidelines below. ~ Source: Tisserand, Robert and Young, Rodney. Essential Oil Safety: A Guide for Health Care Professionals: Churchill Livingstone; 2 edition (December 2, 2013). AZW3 file Reading the full profile for Petitgrain Paraguayan Essential Oil is highly recommended by your DeRu Extracts staff.
While we’ve made this clear that we are selling this essential oil to use in your diffuser, your inhaler, or topically (diluted), it is a pure essential oil and can be used as such. With all essential oils:
Keep away from children.
Oral Safety is only given because many people have been told to take oils internally. Because several people look to us for safety advice, we feel obligated to offer those safety statements, although we do not believe anyone should be ingesting essential oils without being guided by an expert. Experts will take your medical history into account before they suggest oils for you to ingest, diffuse, or use topically.
[display-frm-data id=7326 filter=limited entry_id=”4433″]
1. An overview of Citrus aurantium used in treatment of various diseases
2. Antioxidant and Antimicrobial Activities of Essential Oils and Methanolic Extracts of Tunisian Citrus aurantium L.
3. Characterization of Oils from the Fruits, Leaves and Flowers of the Bitter Orange Tree
4. Chemical composition and cytotoxic activity of petitgrain essential oil of Citrus aurantium L. “Russian colon”
5. Chemical compounds and antimicrobial activity of petitgrain (Citrus aurantium L. var. amara) essential oil
6. Chemical variability of peel and leaf essential oils of sour orange
7. Clinical Pharmacology of Citrus aurantium and Citrus sinensis for the Treatment of Anxiety
8. GC-Mass analysis of bitter orange petitgrain bigarade oil produced in Egypt and stored under different temperatures
9. In vitro antifungal activity of essential oils on growth of phytopathogenic fungi
10. New Crops with Potential to Produce Essential Oil with High Linalool Content Helping Preserve Rosewood – An Endangered Amazon Species
11. Pharmacopoeia Analysis of Citrus aurantium L. Ssp. Amara engl. and it’s fixed oil content
Information provided has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
The International Federation of Aromatherapists does not recommend that Essential Oils be taken internally unless under the supervision of a Medical Doctor who is also qualified in clinical Aromatherapy. All cautions listed for individual oils do not include those cautions from ingestion.
Links to outside sources open in a new tab or window and are often affiliate links to items we use and trust in. This means that, at no additional cost to you, we may receive a commission if you click through them and make a purchase. For instance, as an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
For educational purposes only.