Pure, Quality Products
Cardamom Essential Oil
Name: Cardamom Essential Oil
Species: Elettaria cardamomum
Aroma: Warm and spicy, with a balsamic-woody middle note, slightly sweet
$5.97 – $29.97
Cardamom Essential Oil 100% Pure
|Name||Cardamom Essential Oil|
|Aroma||Warm and spicy, with a balsamic-woody middle note, slightly sweet|
|Blend Ideas||Bergamot, Black Pepper, Cedarwood, Cilantro, Cinnamon Leaf, Clove, Coriander, Fennel, Ginger, Grapefruit, Jasmine, Lemon, Lemongrass, Neroli, Patchouli, Petitgrain, Sandalwood, Sweet Orange, Vetiver, and Ylang Ylang|
We source only pure essential oils.
Cardamom Essential Oil is a favorite diffuser oil for me when I need extra respiratory support. I've tried it topically and just do not get the same results. It's also considered a digestive aid and goes wonderfully in an after dinner tea or coffee (one drop brewed through an entire pot — put it in the filter with the coffee or tea, not per cup). Because it isn't overly energizing, I tend to diffuse Cardamom Essential Oil at night when I need it's respiratory support.
With our pre-diluted oils . . . if diluted for kids is the highest dilution you see, it’s also the max dilution possible. Pre-diluted oils are in fractionated coconut oil.
Cardamom Essential Oil Safety Info
According to Tisserand and Young, oils high in 1,8 cineole content, like cardamon essential oil, may cause Central Nervous System problems and breathing problems in young children. Oils high in 1,8 cineole should not be used on or near the face of infants and children. Cardamom essential oil should still follow the safety guidelines below. ~ Source: Tisserand, Robert and Young, Rodney. Essential Oil Safety: A Guide for Health Care Professionals: Churchill Livingstone; 2 edition (2013). Reading the full profile for Cardamom essential oil is highly suggested by your DeRu Staff.
While we’ve made this clear that we are selling this essential oil to use in your diffuser, your inhaler, or topically (diluted), it is a pure essential oil and can be used as such. With all essential oils:
Keep away from children.
Oral Safety is only given because many people have been told to take oils internally. Because several people look to us for safety advice, we feel obligated to offer those safety statements, although we do not believe anyone should be ingesting essential oils without being guided by an expert. Experts will take your medical history into account before they suggest oils for you to ingest, diffuse, or use topically.
Cardamom • Eletteria cardamomum
1. Analysis of constituents in different Fractions collected during distillation of Cardamom oil for flavour and fragrance applications
2. Antiulcerogenic activity of Elettaria cardamomum Maton. And Amomum sabulatum Roxb. seeds
3. Antimicrobial activities of Solanum incanum, Elettaria cardamamomum and Zingiber officinale, used traditionally to treat pathogenic microbes
4. Antioxidant and antimicrobial activities of essential oil and various oleoresins of Elettaria cardamomum (seeds and pods)*
5. Anxiety-Reducing Efficacy of Inhaled Essential Oils: A Case Study and Literature Review
6. Aromatherapy as Treatment for Postoperative Nausea: A Randomized Trial
And the pdf:
7. Cardamom, Cumin, and Dill Weed Essential Oils: Chemical Compositions, Antimicrobial Activities, and Mechanisms of Action against Campylobacter spp.
8. Chemical composition and antimicrobial activity of essential oils from Black Pepper, Cumin, Coriander and Cardamom against some pathogenic microorganisms
9. Chemical composition and insecticidal effects of the essential oil of cardamom, Elettaria cardamomum on the tomato leaf miner, Tuta absoluta
10. Chemical composition, flavonoid – phenolic contents and radical scavenging activity of four major varieties of cardamom
11. Chemistry, antifungal and antioxidant activities of cardamom (Amomum subulatum) essential oil and oleoresins
12. Effect of pretreatments and curing methods on the flavor profile of essential oil of processed small cardamom (Elettaria cardamomum (L.) Maton)
13. The effects of green cardamom on blood glucose indices, lipids, inflammatory factors, paraxonase-1, sirtuin-1, and irisin in patients with nonalcoholic fatty liver disease and obesity: study protocol for a randomized controlled trial
14. Encapsulation of Cardamom Essential Oil in Chitosan Nano-composites: In-vitro Efficacy on Antibiotic-Resistant Bacterial Pathogens and Cytotoxicity Studies
15. Essential oil content of cardamom (Elettaria cardamomum Maton) by hand-held electronic nose
16. Evaluating the antimicrobial potential of green cardamom essential oil focusing on quorum sensing inhibition of Chromobacterium violaceum.
17. Fumigant Toxicity and Oviposition Deterrency of the Essential Oil from Cardamom, Elettaria cardamomum, Against Three Stored—product Insects.
18. Gastroprotective effect of cardamom, Elettaria cardamomum Maton. fruits in rats
19. Identification of Proapoptopic, Anti-Inflammatory, Anti- Proliferative, Anti-Invasive and Anti-Angiogenic Targets of Essential Oils in Cardamom by Dual Reverse Virtual Screening and Binding Pose Analysis
20. Influence of cardamom essential oils and seeds on growth performance, blood characteristics and immunity of broilers ** Note- Animal Study
21. The Nigella Sative and Elettaria Cardamomum oils as an Environment- Friendly inhibitor on the Corrosion of Brass in 1M HCl
22. Pharmacological studies of Cardamom oil in animals
23. Toxicity of essential oils against red flour beetle, tribolium castaneum (herbst) (coleoptera: tenebrionide) Mina
Information provided has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
The International Federation of Aromatherapists does not recommend that Essential Oils be taken internally unless under the supervision of a Medical Doctor who is also qualified in clinical Aromatherapy. All cautions listed for individual oils do not include those cautions from ingestion.
Links to outside sources open in a new tab or window and are often affiliate links to items we use and trust in. This means that, at no additional cost to you, we may receive a commission if you click through them and make a purchase. For instance, as an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
For educational purposes only.