Pure, Quality Products
Helichrysum Essential Oil
Name: Helichrysum Essential Oil
Species: Helichrysum italicum G. Don (Immortelle)
Part: Flowering Tops
Extraction: Steam Distilled
Aroma: Fresh and herbaceous, very earthy
Pure Helichrysum Essential Oil
|Name||Pure Helichrysum Essential Oil|
|Species||Helichrysum italicum G. Don (Immortelle)|
|Aroma||Fresh and herbaceous, very earthy|
|Blend Ideas||Bergamot, Black Pepper, Chamomile, Clary Sage, Clove, Geranium, Grapefruit, Juniper Berry, Lavender, Lemon, Lime, Rose, Sandalwood, Sweet Orange, Vetiver, and Ylang Ylang
We source only pure essential oils.
Pure helichrysum essential oil is one that I honestly will not be without! It's ability to encourage the skin to heal itself is phenomenal! Bruising, burns, blisters, sun burn . . . you name it, helichrysum essential oil is going to be in the blend I create for it if it has to do with skin. Most people will say "lavender" when you say "burn." Not I. I've used both and I scream "helichrysum!" The one time I let myself run out of this oil, I had a bad burn. Lavender just wouldn't cut the pain. I finally managed a drop out of my old bottle and got immediate relief. A second drop was the last I could get . . . but that was fine. Didn't even need another after that. Powerful little drops!
So . . . while others will tell you that pure helichrysum essential oil is the oil for bruises (and I don't disagree) . . . I'm going to tell you that it's the oil for skin. If there's a skin condition, this needs to be in your blend . . . or even alone. I didn't blend it in the above ~ just heli 😉
The way this oil promotes healing
Used at a dilution of 1% or less as part of your facial care, this oil can help rejuvenate your skin's appearance by helping to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and encouraging a healthy glow.
With our pre-diluted oils . . . if diluted for kids is the highest dilution you see, it’s also the max dilution possible. Pre-diluted oils are in fractionated coconut oil.
Helichrysum Essential Oil Safety Info
According to Tisserand and Young, there are no known hazards or contraindications. Helichrysum essential oil should still follow the safety guidelines below. ~ Source: Tisserand, Robert and Young, Rodney. Essential Oil Safety: A Guide for Health Care Professionals: Churchill Livingstone; 2 edition (2013). Reading the full profile for Helichrysum essential oil is highly suggested by your DeRu Staff.
While we’ve made this clear that we are selling this essential oil to use in your diffuser, your inhaler, or topically (diluted), it is a pure essential oil and can be used as such. With all essential oils:
Keep away from children.
Oral Safety is only given because many people have been told to take oils internally. Because several people look to us for safety advice, we feel obligated to offer those safety statements, although we do not believe anyone should be ingesting essential oils without being guided by an expert. Experts will take your medical history into account before they suggest oils for you to ingest, diffuse, or use topically.
Helichrysum • Helichrysum italicum
1. An Overview of the Biological Effects of Some Mediterranean Essential Oils on Human Health
2. Biological properties and resistance reversal effect of Helichrysum italicum (Roth) G. Don
3. Chemical constituents of Helichrysum italicum (Roth) G. Don essential oil and their antimicrobial activity against Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteria, filamentous fungi and Candida albicans
4. Chemical composition analysis and in vitro biological activities of ten essential oils in human skin cells
5. Chemical Composition and Possible in Vitro Phytotoxic Activity of Helichrsyum italicum (Roth) Don ssp. italicum
6. Chemical Composition, Antibacterial Activity and Chromosome Number of Helichrysum italicum from Algeria
7. Chemical composition, antimicrobial activities and odor descriptions of some essential oils with characteristic floral-rosy scent and of their principal aroma compounds
8. Essential oils, genetic relationships and in vitro establishment of Helichrysum italicum (Roth) G. Don ssp. italicum from wild Mediterranean germplasm
9. Genetic and Metabolite Diversity of Sardinian Populations of Helichrysum italicum
Information provided has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
The International Federation of Aromatherapists does not recommend that Essential Oils be taken internally unless under the supervision of a Medical Doctor who is also qualified in clinical Aromatherapy. All cautions listed for individual oils do not include those cautions from ingestion.
Links to outside sources open in a new tab or window and are often affiliate links to items we use and trust in. This means that, at no additional cost to you, we may receive a commission if you click through them and make a purchase. For instance, as an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
For educational purposes only.