Pure, Quality Products
Rosemary Essential Oil “Herb Cottage” Tasmanian
Name: Rosemary Essential Oil “Herb Cottage” Tasmanian
Species: Rosmarinus officinalis
Extraction: Steam Distilled
Aroma: Camphorous and herbaceous, with a very smooth woody splash
$7.97 – $29.97
Rosemary Essential Oil "Herb Cottage" 100% Pure
|Name||Rosemary Essential Oil "Herb Cottage" Tasmanian|
|Aroma||Camphorous and herbaceous, with a very smooth woody splash|
|Blend Ideas||Basil, Bergamot, Cardamom, Black Pepper, Cedarwood, Cinnamon Leaf, Clary Sage, Clove, Douglas Fir, Eucalyptus, Frankincense, Geranium, Grapefruit, Lavender, Lemon, Lime, Marjoram, Oregano, Peppermint, Pine, Siberian Fir, Tea Tree, and Thyme|
We source only pure essential oils.
This is the infamous Rosemary essential oil from Stone Rise Farm that is high in α-Pinene (special thanks to Chris Burder for allowing us to use Stone Rise Farm photos on this page and our label). It's scent is much smoother than the Rosemary you're used to. Many who don't care for rosemary essential oil fall in love with this chemotype.
Rosemary Essential Oil is a great oil for a number of things. It's probably best known for helping with its invigorating properties. This oil is a great morning oil for me (read: it keeps me awake at night). Sipping coffee and diffusing rosemary is a nifty wake up routine so I can get into my work. It doesn't hurt that rosemary is good for helping focus and memory . . . encouraging me to keep on track as I go about my research. The 1,8 cineole content helps support your respiratory system as well. Double duty!
Beyond that, though, I use it in blends for sore muscles and joints and skincare blends. It's also great for stimulating circulation and may help the appearance of cellulite when used in massage blends. I put a few drops in my shampoo for my scalp and hair (and because I really enjoy the scent in the shower). Because of its warming properties when added to massage blends, as well as its invigorating properties, rosemary essential oil is sometimes an aphrodisiac. This may be why rosemary has been part of wedding ceremonies for many years.
Links to outside sources open in a new tab or window and may be affiliate links to items we use and trust in.
Rosemary Essential Oil “Herb Cottage” Safety Info
According to Tisserand and Young, there are no known hazards or contraindications for a rosemary of this chemotype (we’re basing this on the fact that the 1,8 cineole content in this tends to be less than 25% as the α-Pinene chemotype is not listed). They’ve also noted on oils high in α-Pinene that storage in the refrigerator is best to slow the oxidation and that old, oxidized oils should be avoided. Rosemary Essential Oil “Herb Cottage” should still follow the safety guidelines below. ~ Source: Tisserand, Robert and Young, Rodney. Essential Oil Safety: A Guide for Health Care Professionals: Churchill Livingstone; 2 edition (December 2, 2013). AZW3 file Reading the full profile for Lavender Essential Oil is highly recommended by your DeRu Extracts staff.
While we’ve made this clear that we are selling this essential oil to use in your diffuser, your inhaler, or topically (diluted), it is a pure essential oil and can be used as such. With all essential oils:
Keep away from children.
Oral Safety is only given because many people have been told to take oils internally. Because several people look to us for safety advice, we feel obligated to offer those safety statements, although we do not believe anyone should be ingesting essential oils without being guided by an expert. Experts will take your medical history into account before they suggest oils for you to ingest, diffuse, or use topically.
[display-frm-data id=7326 filter=limited entry_id=”3775″]
1. Adjunctive use of essential oils following scaling and root planing –a randomized clinical trial
2. Analgesic effects of rosemary essential oil and its interactions with codeine and paracetamol in mice (animal study)
3. Antibacterial Activity of the Essential Oil from Rosmarinus officinalis and its Major Components against Oral Pathogens
4. Antidepressant-like effects of fractions, essential oil, carnosol and betulinic acid isolated from Rosmarinus officinalis L.
5. Antimicrobial activity of plant essential oils against the growth of Escherichia coli
6. Antioxidant activity of rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis L.) essential oil and its hepatoprotective potential
7. Any Sense in Classroom Scents? Aroma of Rosemary Essential Oil Significantly Improves Cognition in Young School Children
8. Aromas of rosemary and lavender essential oils differentially affect cognition and mood in healthy adults.
9. Aromatherapy Benefits Autonomic Nervous System Regulation for Elementary School Faculty in Taiwan
10. Assessing the Effect of Aromatherapy on Fundamental Nursing Student Cognitive Test Anxiety: A Mixed Methods Approach.
11. Chemical composition, antioxidant and antimicrobial activity of the essential oil of the thyme and rosemary
12. Chemotherapy-Induced Peripheral Neuropathy-Essential Oil Intervention (CIPN-EOI) (active trial)
13. Effect of aromatherapy on patients with Alzheimer’s disease
14. The Effects of Lavender and Rosemary Essential Oils on Test-Taking Anxiety Among Graduate Nursing Students
15. Effectiveness of Rosmarinus officinalis essential oil as antihypotensive agent in primary hypotensive patients and its influence in Health-Related Quality of Life.
16. Essential oil-loaded lipid nanoparticles for wound healing
17. Essential Oils in Combination and Their Antimicrobial Properties
18. Essential Oils and Their Single Compounds in Cosmetics—A Critical Review
19. Evaluation the Activity of Rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis L.) Essential Oil Against Some Cyanobacteria
20 Hybrid magnetite nanoparticles/Rosmarinus officinalis essential oil nanobiosystem with antibiofilm activity
Information provided has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
The International Federation of Aromatherapists does not recommend that Essential Oils be taken internally unless under the supervision of a Medical Doctor who is also qualified in clinical Aromatherapy. All cautions listed for individual oils do not include those cautions from ingestion.
Links to outside sources open in a new tab or window and are often affiliate links to items we use and trust in. This means that, at no additional cost to you, we may receive a commission if you click through them and make a purchase. For instance, as an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
For educational purposes only.